YMYL Google SEO Page: What You Need to Know About
There are so many pages that are coming from Google these days that you need to make sure that you are aware of. These can be implemented into your social media strategy and they shouldn’t be just thrown to the side since they can help you immensely. One of the pages that you need to know is the YMYL or the “your money, your life” page and what it can help you with. Here is everything that you would need to be aware of when it comes to the YMYL page and how it can help your website ranking.
What Are the YMYL Pages?
You might think that because the world money is in the acronym that is what the page is all about. However, that is so far from the truth and Google says that any page that includes content that has the ability to affect the financial stability, safety, happiness or health is one of these pages. If your site offers up tips regarding the stock market, then this page would apply or if you are offering up some parenting advice to those looking for it, then the same goes for your site.
Google has plenty of information about what constitutes one of these pages and some of the items that are covered includes:
- Financial or shopping transaction pages, including sites that let users pay bills, transfer money or make any purchases
- Financial information sites like the pages that offer up information or advice regarding buying insurance, how to pay college tuition, purchasing a home, planning for retirement, taxes and investments
- Medical related pages like information or advice regarding nutrition, mental health, specific conditions or diseases, drugs and health
These are just a few of the various types of pages that would apply under this new page and there is a lot to know about them.
There are quite a few rules that are pretty harsh when it comes to the YMYL pages and you need to know what they are. These include the following 3 rules:
- Expertise – Is the person who is writing the information an expert in this subject?
- Authority – Is the individual who is creating the content one of the well-recognized authorities regarding the subject?
- Trustworthiness – Is the information that is in the content accurate?
You would need to ensure that you are taking all of these rules into consideration when you are using this tool to get the highest rating from the quality raters from Google.
You want to make sure that if you are going to follow the rules that you are putting it all out there regarding your expertise. If there is a degree that you hold, then you want to make sure that you are mentioning it on the site. Go ahead and brag about the various certifications that you would have in the industry that would make you an expert regarding what you are talking about. You also need to show that you have the influence that would allow you to become an authority and that the information that you are putting out there is truthful and that you are talking about how you know it and where you found the details.
Knowing what the YMYL page is from Google will help to make a difference in the page that you are creating. They would be able to look at the information that you are posting and then deem the page high or low quality. The more that you share about the experience, qualifications, influence and authority that you hold the better, so ensure that all of the information that you are posting is true.
Still, Have a doubt? Connect with us as we are leading SEO services provider!